Clerk & Recorder
The Clerk and Recorder's office contains a wide variety of records and duties. Recorded transfers and other transactions relating to real property are maintained in this office. The Clerk and Recorder is involved in the preparation and maintenance of the county budget as well as preparation of the annual financial report of the county which is submitted to the State of Montana. In addition, the Clerk works with the auditors throughout the year and during the audit of the county's financial records. The Clerk's office processes the payroll and benefits for county employees. Claims of vendors who have supplied products or provided services are also paid in this office.
Fergus County Precincts 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 16, 17 & 18 are in HD #29. Fergus County Precincts 3, 4, 12 & 14 are in HD #30. All of the precincts within the City of Lewistown ( 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, & 13) are now in HD #29. The maps below show the precinct locations and borders.
2014 GENERAL ELECTION COUNTY CANDIDATES & ISSUES
County Commissioner District #1: Ross Butcher & Terry Selph
Clerk & Recorder: Rana J. Wichman
Sheriff: Troy Eades
Coroner: Richard J. "Dick" Brown
County Attorney: Thomas Meissner
Superintendent of Schools: Rhonda Long
Public Administrator: Gary Kruger
Treasurer: Gwenda Lynn Gehlen
Justice of the Peace: Kelly Mantooth & Jack Shields
Community Council Dist #1: Shirley Barrick & Scott Seilstad
Community Council Dist #2: Benjamin M. Tuss
Community Council Dist #3: Jerry Daniel Hanley, Helen Jo Shipman, & Tom Wojtowick
City of Lewistown Local Government Study Commissioner: Vote for up to five write-ins
Town of Denton Local Government Study Commissioner: Vote for up to three write-ins
Fergus County Recreation District:
SHALL THE PROPOSITION TO ORGANIZE THE FERGUS COUNTY RECREATION DISTRICT BE ADOPTED?
ADOPTION OF THE DISTRICT WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. AN ASSESSMENT ON ALL DWELLING UNITS LOCATED ON RESIDENTIAL OR COMMERCIAL PROPERTY WITHIN THE DISTRICT; OF NO MORE THAN $35.00 PER YEAR, FOR A TERM OF 20 YEARS.
2. THE DISTRICT BOUNDARIES SHALL BE COEXTENSIVE WITH THE BOUNDARIES OF THE FERGUS HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT;
3. THE PROPOSED IMPROVEMENTS OR ACTIVITIES OF THE DISTRICT ARE TO FUND RENOVATION OR CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES AT THE LEWISTOWN SWIMMING POOL FACILITY; WITH ANY EXCESS REVENUES AFTER ANNUAL DEBT RETIREMENT TO BE USED TO SUPPORT THE SWIMMING POOL AND/OR THE CIVIC CENTER;
4. THE TERM OF THE PROPOSED SPECIAL DISTRICT SHALL BE FOR 20 CALENDAR YEARS, OR A TERM INCLUDING 20 FULL YEARS OF SPECIAL LEVIES TO FUND THE PROPOSED ACTIVITIES OR IMPROVEMENTS, WHICHEVER TERM IS LONGER.
5. THE PROPOSED SPECIAL DISTRICT WILL BE ADMINISTERED BY AN APPOINTED BOARD OF RESIDENTS LIVING WITHIN THE DISTRICT.
X FOR ORGANIZATION OF THE FERGUS COUNTY RECREATION DISTRICT
X AGAINST ORGANIZATION OF THE FERGUS COUNTY RECREATION DISTRICT
State Office Filing Information available at:
Recording & Office Clerk
Birth Certificate Application Form